Pro Alpha Six Layer Peel – Everything you need to know!
A safe and effective resurfacing procedure designed for maximum and fast results when treating thickened aged skins or congested/acne skins. Includes two days of layers applied and two enzyme treatments to heal and hydrate. Homecare products are required.
During a five to seven day period after the application of the 6 Layer Peel, the skin will temporally lose water levels which enables the skin to harden and peel back.
Any congestion will be forced to the surface and dark pigmented and thickened skin will be lifted off. This all occurs in the same way skin normally sheds only faster, making it a very safe alternative to laser peels or medical peels.
The Pro Alpha 6 Layer Peel is an exclusive blend of natural plant and fruit acids applied in layers. The strength of the formulation and the amount of layers applied depends on the individual’s skin condition and genetic type.
One week after the first layers are applied a lift off enzyme treatment is performed to heal and re-hydrate the skin. This is followed by another enzyme treatment one week later, including infusions of Vitamin C serum, Beta Gel, Seba E, hydrophilic massage and Eye Tone infusion.
Dermafield and Low level Lazer is utilised throughout the process for optimum results and controlled healing.
Preparation for the 6 Layer Peel includes drinking a minimum of two litres of water per day two days prior to the peel, taking DMK EFA supplements at least two weeks prior, and the application of all recommended DMK products. For first time Skin For Life clients, two DMK enzyme treatments are recommended prior to having the 6 Layer Peel.
The products recommend during the 6 Layer Peel process u include cleanser, Vitamin C, Beta Gel, treatment cream, Herb and Mineral spray, Transdermal sun block and Retosin or Revise at Night.
The DMK 6 Layer Peel is recommended once a year, as this will provide you with the boost needed to keep your skin looking its very best and providing optimum anti-aging. This peel provides you with not only a smoother, clearer, more refined complexion but also improves in the functioning of the skin at a cellular level. Along with monthly treatments, you can obtain the ultimate in quality skincare.
Face $1545, Face and Neck $1750, Face, Neck and Décolletage $2150 (includes 2 enzyme treatments prior to peel (valued at $370) and your take-home products (valued at $495).
before during after
What is the Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel and what can it treat?
The Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel is a resurfacing treament program intended to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin and instigate collagen development. It has been designed to help reduce wrinkles, light scarring, and uneven skin tones. It may be used on most skin types (except people with a typically darker oriental or sub-continental complexion and some darker skin tones which can be prone to pigmentation). The Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel solution is an exclusive blend of natural plant and fruit sugar acids, applied systematically in layers. The strength of the solution and the number of layers is tailored to suit your skin colour, texture, sensitivity and condition by your DMK skin technician. The procedure usually takes between 5 and 10 days and results will vary from person to person as each individual’s skin will respond differently.
What is the procedure for the Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel?
1. You should have at least two DMK Enzyme Treatments before having a Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel Treatment.
2. One week before your scheduled Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel Treatment, you will notice that while using the retosin, your skin may begin to look leathery and darker. This is normal.
3. On the day of your Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel Treatment, your technician will begin applying separate layers of the Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel solution. You will experience some very uncomfortable stinging and burning sensations during these applications, these sensations will subside. If the irritation becomes too uncomfortable, let your technician know so that the solution can be adjusted for further applications.
4. After the application is completed, you will leave the solution on your skin and will not wash for at least 12 hours. Your skin will look shiny and may be slightly red. If your skin continues to have a burning sensation, rinse with a mild solution of baking soda and water.
5. Beginning the next day following the Pro Alpha Six-layer Peel Treatment, you can start cleansing your skin as normal with your DMK cleanser followed by a small amount of acu crème or contraderm crème as prescribed. You must apply transdermal sunblock if you are going to have any exposure to the sun. Should you choose, you can also start using makeup as desired. Do not use a solarium.
6. By the third day, you should begin to notice your skin beginning to peel. This will vary from minor flaking to large peeling sections depending on your skin condition. Regardless of how severe the peeling is, you must not pull, pick, or scratch at the dead skin. To do so will increase the chance of infection. It is very important that you allow this skin to detach naturally. You may be surprised at just how much flaking occurs, do not worry this is normal. You will feel very unattractive and uncomfortable but this will subside.
7. By the seventh day, most of this dead skin will have exfoliated (detached) itself from the healthy new cells below. On this day, you will be scheduled for an Enzyme Lift-off Treatment. This treatment helps remove any remaining dead cells that have not completely exfoliated.
8. You must use your regular DMK Home Prescriptives and continue with your professional maintenance treatments in order to maintain your results.
NOTE: This treatment should give improvement and restoration to the appearance of your skin. However, each individual’s result will vary depending on their skin type and condition. While many will be satisfied with just one treatment, others may require several treatments over a period of time to achieve their desired results.
Are there any possible side effects?
It is possible that you may experience some of the following temporary contraindications as a result of this treatment.
• Swelling or tightness of the skin.
• Redness and irritation of the skin.
• Stinging and burning sensation to the skin.
• Blistering, weeping or scabbing of the skin. If this occurs, notify your practitioner and begin using an antibacterial salve or other treatment as prescribed by your physician to avoid possible infection.
• An outbreak of pimples if impurities have been locked under the skin.
• Excessive peeling of the skin.
• Darkening of skin prior to exfoliation as underlying pigment moves to the surface.
• Increased photosensitivity of the skin. Reduce problems by using transdermal sunblock.
Although these contraindications may be uncomfortable, they should not result in any permanent damage as long as you inform your technician of any problems and follow any instructions you are given. As with any treatment, there is always a very small possibility that you could have a negative reaction that your technician could not predict.